Vitamin E: The Dream Eye Cream
Vitamin E is a skin life-saver for a multitude of reasons. It can rescue dry, crusty skin, revitalize older skin, nourish young skin (as well as heal acne scars), and give CPR to your my-tan-turned-into-a-burn skin.
Here’s some quick science behind why it’s so great:
- it’s a potent antioxidant that combats free radicals from UV rays by neutralizing its oxidizing effects.
- it repairs traumatized skin cells, which restores collagen, fades age spots, and heals scarring.
How to turn vitamin E into your Dream Eye Cream:
- Puncture the vitamin E capsule with a clean, sterilized needle or pin (just give it a swipe with rubbing alcohol).
- Squeeze the contents of the vitamin E around the eye area and rub in gently. This is ideal to do before bed, as your skin cells turn over the most when you sleep and are more apt to fully absorb the vitamin E.
- Voila! You have a simple, inexpensive, all-natural eye cream that is free of harmful parabens, alcohols, and silicons that top-of-the-line eye creams contain, and will deliver moisture, radiance and healing to your skin!
Personal tip: to get the most out of the hydrating benefits of this antioxidant, try applying vitamin E over slightly wet skin, so that the emollient properties of the vitamin E oil will allow all the water to penetrate and hydrate the skin.
Be careful you don’t choose the wrong type:
There are two types of vitamin E, either in capsule form or pure oil: the good-for-your-skin kind, and the not-so-good-for-your-skin kind. The GOOD vitamin E is D-alpha tocopherol. You will see this on the back of the bottle where it shows the ingredients, meaning the vitamin E oil is in its natural state, unaltered, and rich with good things for your skin. The BAD vitamin E is Dl –alpha tocopherol. The Dl means that this is a synthetic form of vitamin E, and you might as well be putting oil from your car onto your skin (not my idea of a dream eye cream). The difference between these the two vitamin E forms is simply the letter l next to the D, so again, choose carefully!
BUY THE “GOOD” VITAMIN E FROM AMAZON //HERE//
Revel in the Benefits:
When you wake up, the skin under your eyes will feel hydrated, supple, and restored. With use of vitamin E overtime, you will notice less fine lines and gradually less smile lines. So next time you’re on an eye cream raid, don’t forget to stick with the basics and check around the house first!