When the makeup remover runs out, don’t you dare reach for that soap and water! Before you run to the store to buy more, fall in love with this all-natural DIY makeup remover you can whip up with ingredients right in your pantry! And the best part is…this remover can actually help your eyelashes grow thicker and longer!
THE DIY MAKEUP REMOVER + EYELASH ENHANCER
WHAT YOU NEED:
A little bowl or curved plate
- In a little bowl, mix 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp castor oil.
- Dip your finger in the mixture and slick over closed eye in a downward motion (avoid rubbing in circles as this can stress the eyelashes). You will notice the makeup melts right off – waterproof or not!
- With tissue paper, gently remove the residual makeup until your eye is completely makeup-free.
- To stimulate growth for longer and thicker eyelashes, gently rub the remainder of the mixture along the lash line and over the tips of the lashes. Smooth any leftover mixture around the eyes, as these oils make for a wonderfully deep moisturizer!
- The castor oil and olive oil make the perfect natural dissolvent for any difficult-to-remove makeup, including false lashes and their eyelash glue (if you are okay with not wearing them again).
- The castor oil encourages lash production, as continued application will result in thicker lashes, and the olive oil conditions lashes and prevents breakage.
- For an added benefit, heat the mixture in the microwave for 15 seconds (make sure bowl is micro-safe!) before use, or until the mixture is warm. The warmth of the mixture will allow the makeup to melt away even easier, and the heat upon the lash line will stimulate the hair follicles and further encourage eyelash growth.
With this DIY makeup remover and eyelash enhancer, removing makeup will no longer be the most annoying part of your regime! I always look forward to this task, as the oils are soothing and encourage beautiful lashes!
Check back for an update on the growth of my lashes to see how well this mixture works for me, and as always, email me and let me know how this works for you!